Clean Your Liver
A healthy liver is an essential part of maintaining optimum health. Exposure to environmental toxins, poor diet, drugs and alcohol can over work the liver. The liver has an amazing ability to regenerate itself when part of it is damaged. Nourishing the liver by maintaining a healthful diet and lifestyle can support the important functions of this vital organ.
The liver is the largest gland of the body located above the abdominal cavity under the diaphragm. The liver is one of the most important organs of the body and has many functions including:
• Detoxification of harmful substances and metabolic wastes.
• A major role in the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins and fats.
• The absorption and storage of fat soluble vitamins from foods.
• Regulating blood sugar by converting excess glucose into glycogen, the body's main source of stored energy.
• Secretion of bile which is stored in the gallbladder and used to digest fats.
• Breaking down hormones in the body.